Mirror sylvia plath
In the second stanza, sylvia plath introduces a new element to the poem she changes the narrator from the rectangular mirror, meditating on the opposite wall, to a lake. Sylvia plath's 'mirror' is an interesting poem told from the point of view of the mirror the mirror watches a woman's youth pass her by, and it. Shifts mirror by sylvia plath poem summary/paraphrase speaker figurative language metaphor- line 10 says now i am a lake a woman bends over me, searching my reaches for what she really is. Analysis of sylvia plath’s “mirror” sylvia plath is known as the poet of confession her life is strongly connected to her works she uses poetry as a way to confess her feelings, to express and release her pain in life.
To answer this question, look at who is talking and who is talked about and who is being addressed, if anyone this is a soliloquy rendered by a mirror the mirror has all the human traits of patience and observation, and it is both a traveler and. “mirror” sylvia plath i am silver and exact i have no preconceptions whatever i see i swallow immediately just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike. In the poem ‘mirror’ by sylvia plath, there is a continuing theme of change in the beginning the changes are simple, like the acts of day turning to night, but at the end we see the life changes of a woman in particular. 1 sylvia plath: a split in the mirror i sit composed in grecian tunic and psyche-knot, rooted to your black look, the play turned tragic. Comments about mirror by sylvia plath lucy parker (4/3/2009 6:41:00 pm) this is an interesting poem and what makes it even better is that she talks as if she is the.
Mirror by sylvia plath introduction: mirror is a free verse written by the american poet sylvia plath the poem is written from the perspectives of two entities: a mirror and a lake, and the piece stands for the ideas of. In the poem “mirrors”, by sylvia plath the speaker accentuates the importance of looks as an aging woman brawls with her inner and outward appearance employing an instance of self refection, the speaker shifts to a lake and describes the discrepancies between inevitable old age and zealous. What i understand of the poem mirror by sylvia plath is that she is the mirror in the first stanza a mirror is silver and exact it doesn't lie or.
Mirror by sylvia plath i am silver and exact i have no preconceptions whatever i see i swallow immediately just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike i am not cruel, only truthful -- the eye of a little god, four-cornered most of the time i meditate on the opposite wall it is pink. Sylvia plath was an american author and poet who lived from 1932-1963 she was a driven person, and she graduated summa cum laude from smith college in 1955 despite her success, plath struggled with depression, and committed suicide in 1963 this poem shows the struggle a woman has with her identity as she grows older and begins to. In mirror, sylvia plath gives us the point of view of the mirror – actually a mirror in the 1960s, a time when the meaning of plath's reflection, and women's. Plath's poem presents the reality of aging the mirror is our narrator it expresses its ultimate honesty, explaining that it cannot lie or be mistrusted--it is silver and exact with no preconceptions the mirror is being personified here as something that could make judgments it calls itself.
Sylvia plath - mirror i am silver and exact i have no preconceptions whatever i see i swallow immediately just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike. This is a step by step line by line analysis of the poem mirror by sylvia plath.
Mirror sylvia plath
The article analyzes several poems by sylvia plath including all the dead dears, mirror, and dark wood, dark water it focuses on the repeated image of mirrors or reflections throughout plath's poetry, as the author explores themes of narcissism and the creativity of mirrors in the poems. “mirror” was written two years before plath committed suicide in 1963 it appeared in plath’s posthumously published collection crossing the water “mirror” explores the life of a woman as an object reflected within it.
- Mirror by sylvia plath shows the shallowness and superficial concerns of women through the personification and the description of a mirror reflecting a woman's life and her character the poem is narrated by the mirror, which doesn't provide an unbiased and impartial view on its character.
- Sylvia plath's poem mirror is a reflection on what it means to be a woman uncertain of the future, haunted by the past when we look into the mirror, is what we see what we get.
- You can just google search and i think you will find the meaning but i have a different interpretation of this poem and i may be wrong but i want to share it nonetheless people mostly say that plath is the women in the poem or the fish but i fin.
- Mirror (1961) sylvia plath (1932-1963) i am silver and exact i have no preconceptions whatever i see i swallow immediately: just as it is, unmisted by love or.
- Sylvia plath (/ p l æ θ / october 27, 1932 – february 11, 1963) was an american poet, novelist, and short-story writerborn in boston, she studied at smith college and newnham college at the university of cambridge before receiving acclaim as a poet and writer she married fellow poet ted hughes in 1956, and they lived together in the.
Comments & analysis: i am silver and exact i have no preconceptions whatever i see i swallow immediately just as it. Start studying mirror sylvia plath learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Sylvia plath's mirror is a poem which deals intimately with the idea of women searching for distinctions between the real self and the false it uses the titular mirror as its central symbolic. The title of the poem is mirror it informs the reader what the poem is about, even though it is obvious even more surprising is that it is not about a mirror, but rather the mirror is the speaker.